Enterprise Ustreamers can now take advantage of our new Software Development Kit.
Great apps should leverage the most powerful platforms available. For video, Ustream provides a Player SDK for iOS that allows app developers to seamlessly integrate live and recorded video feeds into a fully custom app experience.
Previously the embedding option was limited to using our browser-based HTML Player in mobile applications. The result was inferior to a native solution in both reliability and user experience.
This brand new product line will facilitate a robust, customizable, white-label embedded experience in mobile applications, similar to what Ustream already offers for websites.
- Easy to use native library available for iOS (Android coming soon)
- Highly customizable user interface
- Inline and fullscreen mode
- Custom restriction support (country, age, password, etc.)
- Sample application with source code included
- Full documentation and developer support
- Available for Enterprise Pro Broadcasters
Contact us to bring the power of live video to your mobile audience.
Interested in learning more about our Enterprise plans? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Today we announced a partnership with TCP Engines, the leading supplier of TCP optimization solutions, as we are now taking advantage of the company’s TCP-MAX solution for streaming optimization. Our Ustream Cloud Platform is built on a proprietary technology stack: Ustream Content Delivery Network (UCDN), Ustream Media Server (UMS) and Ustream TCP Congestion Control Algorithm (UTCP). TCP Engines is at the core of the TCP Congestion Control Algorithm. TCP Engines congestion control solutions effectively unclog networks and find more bits to deliver to consumers, increasing the video quality and experience for consumers.
Arpad Kun, our director of network operations, provides his take:
The TCP Engines solutions help us further differentiate the Ustream platform. After benchmarking against all known TCP solutions in the market, we found the TCP Engines solution to deliver the greatest benefit for our platform, publishers and users. TCP Engines delivers over 50% increased throughput over Bic, and over 285% increased throughput than htcp. Further, by reducing buffers ratios to 1.6% and increasing video quality, we are able to offer a more compelling service.
Read the full release via PRNewswire: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tcp-engines-brings-ustream-increased-video-quality-and-reduced-buffering-by-licensing-tcp-engines-tcp-max-solution-for-streaming-optimization-259032911.html
Visit TCP Engines: http://www.tcpengines.com/
On Monday, April 7th, 2014 a security vulnerability was disclosed in a software library called OpenSSL. Ustream, along with most of today’s major Internet services, relies on OpenSSL to encrypt and secure web traffic and private customer data. This vulnerability (identified as CVE-2014-0160; also known as Heartbleed) allows an attacker to remotely access the memory contents of servers running a vulnerable version of OpenSSL and potentially access sensitive data, including security keys, usernames and passwords.
The name “Heartbleed” comes from the particular section of the OpenSSL codebase affected by this bug, the Transport Layer Security “heartbeat” implementation. The piece of code responsible for the “heartbeat” section of the protocol leaks (or bleeds) memory to the network when an attacker sends a carefully crafted network package.
Today we’re excited to roll out a new feature for our Enterprise Pro Broadcasters — these users now have the ability to add users to manage channels within their Ustream accounts.
Why is this important?
The Channel Managers feature allows you to add users to manage specific channels within your account. This is perfect if you have multiple departments within a large organization and want to give each its own channel, or have multiple clients and want them to only access their own channel. This is also helpful if you want to add an additional user to manage all the channels within your account, but don’t want to give them access to your email, password or billing information.
Each manager can have access to multiple channels (as many as you designate) and each channel can have multiple managers.
Channel managers can:
Have you heard the term ‘the money is in the list’?
The phrase describes the relationship between email lists and internet marketing success. Having a list of dedicated fans and clients is the single most important asset any business can have.
Check out this video to see how Ustream allows you to build your own list:
Ustream’s Live Playlists feature was launched last Spring by our Broadcaster Experience team, so that broadcasters could reuse previously recorded videos and schedule them to run as “live” content at specific times, or as continuous loops. The innovative feature is available in all Pro Broadcasting packages and allows you to provide instant content all the time, by filling you channel with linear programming. Reach audiences around the clock long after their transmission has ended!
Here at Ustream, we take pride in having the best streaming experience from mobile devices. Whether you’re capturing your child’s soccer game or breaking news, we make sure your special moments can be shared with friends and family across the globe.
That’s why we’re excited today to announce that we’ve collaborated with Verizon Wireless, America’s Largest and Most Reliable Wireless Network, to bring new features to our Android users. Verizon Wireless subscribers with participating Android devices will get their own Verizon channel with some great new features:
Alden Fertig, Product Manager for Broadcasting here at Ustream.
We’re very excited to announce today we will be releasing version 2 of our popular Producer broadcasting software.
Learn more and download it here.
Version 2 is packed with new features and improvements to make your broadcasts better than ever.
In addition, we are announcing a new professional-grade option: Ustream Studio.
What’s new in Producer 2.0
All Versions: Free, Pro, Studio
- Improved encoding engine.
- Clear on-air / off-air indicator.
- Optimized encoding presets, updated for higher quality.
- Real-time bandwidth monitoring.
- Desktop presenter now features audio capture as well as video capture. Making it easier to incorporate sources such as live Skype video chat calls.
- User defined encoding settings. Make your own custom presets.
- Record to disk. Record to your local hard drive at the same time as your Ustream account.
- Chroma Key and Virtual Sets. Give your broadcasts a professional edge.
- Audio Inspector. Full control over your audio sources including an audio delay to ensure perfect a/v sync.
- Support for IP Cameras. Built-in support for select popular models: Axis 211W, P1344 and M1104, Sony SNC-RZ50, Cisco WVC80N
The basic version of Producer is still Free, Pro is still $199 and the new Studio version is $549. Existing users who have a Pro license can upgrade to Pro version 2 for free. Simply download the update and the license carries over. Pro license holders can upgrade to Studio for $349.
Get the new version now!
The Next Generation of Ad-Free Broadcasting:
Last November, Ustream launched Ad-Free Broadcasting, a simple way for broadcasters to remove ads from their video and channel pages. Since that time, we’ve helped thousands of broadcasters send their message directly to their viewers. Today, the Ustream Product and Engineering team is excited to announce the next evolution of Ad-Free: Ustream Pro Broadcasting.
With Ustream Pro Broadcasting, users will get all the benefits of an ad-free package with a ton of great new features to customize the broadcasting experience. To top it off, we’re giving away all of these new features for the same price as our previous ad-free plans. Each plan comes with a different set of features, so check the Pro Broadcasting overview to see which package is right for you.
New Pro Broadcasting features:
So what are these awesome new features? Here are just a few of the new benefits that are available!
- Ad-Free Broadcasting – Ustream Pro Broadcasting packages remove all in-video ads, as well as display ads on your channel page. Each package comes with a set number of “Viewer Hours” (one viewer for an hour, two viewers for half an hour each, etc. There is a “Viewer Hour Calculator” on the pro broadcasting page to help you decide how much you need)
- Ustream Extensions – Extensions is Ustream’s new “widget” framework that will allow you to integrate outside services to increase your social media fanbase, sell products, or just promote yourself with custom banners. Current extensions include Facebook Fan Page Like Button , Twitter Follow Button, iTunes Promotion, Amazon Promotion, Thumbplay Ring Tones, and Custom Uploaded Banners. We’ll be adding new services in the coming months.
- Branding: Want to control the look and feel of your broadcast? Co-branding allows you to upload and add your own logo to the Ustream player. Not a fan of the “Ustream Live” logo? Get rid of it with the Full-Branding make the player 100% you!
- IFrame Access: Subscribers to the Enterprise package will have direct access to three html iframes within the channel page. These iframes allow you to embed banners, maps, widgets, and pretty much anything else you would need to customize your channel
- Embed Controls: With Embed Restriction, broadcasters who want absolute control over the distribution of their content are able to specify a set of domains where their streams can be embedded. Broadcasters who purchase the enterprise package will also be able to remove their content from the Ustream site by hiding their live channel pages.
We have updated our Ustream application for iOS devices with a great new interface designed specifically for iPad users. In addition to native support for Apple’s tablet we have made some key improvements to the application for iPhone and iPod touch users including access to all content through some extensive backend server updates.
You can download the application directly from the App Store or grab your iDevice and search for Ustream.
Want More ?!? Check out these key features and some sweet eye candy while your waiting for your download to finish!
Navigate through featured channels, browse by categories or search for live and recorded content on Ustream… The best of Ustream at your fingertips on Apple’s beautiful 9.7 inch screen 😀
You can also start a live broadcast from your iPad 2 (from either camera) or switch in the middle of your broadcast using some intuitively placed controls 😉
Share live moments with millions of potential viewers with the touch of a button across all Ustream applications including: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, desktop browsers, Google TV, Boxee, Panasonic Viera Cast, Ustream Lounge, and Ustream for Facebook. Pretty much, Ustream Everywhere!
Some other cool features to check out…
Film Strip Button – While watching full screen video on iPad you can easily check out what’s going on across Ustream without stopping what you are currently watching.
AirPlay Support – Have an AppleTV then check out our sweet implementation of Airplay. Just press the Airplay icon while watching a video and BOOM! You are now watching video on your TV set and best of all you can continue the conversation on your iPad or iPhone through Chat and Social Stream for the truly multi-screen interactive living room experience.
Thank you for your continuous support and we hope you’ll like this update as much as we do. Stay tuned for more updates and keep on streaming!