At Ustream, we’re laser-focused on providing the best experience for our users. Mobile broadcasters are increasingly growing by the numbers, and today, we’ve released a major update to the Android user app.
What’s new for the global users?
- Users can now manage their own recorded videos (edit title, edit description, edit privacy, play, delete, share)
- They can also title their broadcasts (as long as the channel is live)
- Additionally — and most notably — users can broadcast in “high quality” (640×360, active by default) and “HD” (1280×720) on enabled devices
You may have noticed that we’ve also just partnered with Verizon Wireless (Blog: Ustream collaborates with Verizon).
What’s new on Verizon target devices?
- Users get a Verizon branded channel automatically, which they can choose to set as default for broadcasting
- They can also send personal SMS and/or email invites of their broadcasts and videos to selected contacts
- Broadcasters have the ability to set their broadcasts and videos “personal,” meaning only those can watch who have the link (broadcasts/videos that are set as “personal” never play pre-roll ads for the first 7 concurrent viewers)
Tell me more about HD.
Current HQ/HD enabled devices are listed below; we’ll have more devices and updates in the coming months so stay tuned!
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Sony Xperia L
- LG Nexus 4
- Verizon HTC One
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
- Verizon Motorola Razr M
- Verizon Motorola Razr HD
- Verizon Motorola Droid DNA