We are looking for a full-time engineer to join our streaming core developer team. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who would like to become a key part of a tech passionate development organization and likes video streaming and cloud technologies. It is enough if you have 2-3 years of experience in development if those years were spent mainly to advance your knowledge in C.
What your role will be
The team – who is looking for a new member - is responsible for developing and maintaining a couple of server-side applications which form the core of our video streaming solution. There you will have a chance to improve and maintain the main applications what handles video transcoding and delivery. You can also contribute in other team areas and get experiences software containerization like Kubernetes, influence the evolution of our cloud technology.
How we work
- We design, build and maintain efficient and reliable codes, cover it with tests and documentations
- We care about quality (reviews, tests)
- We look for opportunities for knowledge sharing and teamwork (mob programing, mentoring)
- We care about customer issues
- We are responsible for our services we built (devops)
- We have allocated resources to improve existing codebase
Apply at once if you have
- A great understanding of the full software development life-cycle including agile development, test-driven development and continuous integration
- Stable knowledge about and passion for Clean Code
- Ability to learn and ramp up quickly on existing complex applications to be able to assist your team
- Willingness to rapidly learn new technologies
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package