IBM Cloud is looking for SW Engineers to join its development teams. IBM Cloud Databases and IBM Cloud Event Streams are successful Tier 1 IBM Cloud services. The successful candidate will join the worldwide development team for these services which are key components in the IBM Cloud Foundation PaaS services, running in multiple IBM Cloud datacenters around the globe.
Candidates should have a strong desire to work within a CI/CD environment and have a passion for embracing new cloud technologies. You need to be collaborative, able to handle responsibility, and love learning new techniques and tools.
There is no requirement to be expert in any one language, however knowledge of Go, Java, Python or other scripting languages are useful, as well as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Orchestration and other cloud technologies such as Kubernetes. Knowledge in operating highly-available PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, etcd, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Cassandra, and MongoDB environments would also be useful.
The key requirement is to have a passion for Developing a High quality, Highly Available service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Engineers that have been successful in this area typically have:
- Track record of delivering microservices based SW solutions using Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment into a Cloud environment.
- Are great team workers that are willing to turn their hand to whatever the highest priority issue of the day happens to be.
- A solid engineering underpinning to understand what High Availability means.
- Works with DevOps tools such as: Jenkins,Maven,Ant,Gradle,Chef,Puppet,Docker,UrbanCode
- Will understand and be responsible for a delivery pipeline that takes code from development though to production in minimal time and little or no impact on the customer and designs and implements tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- Will emphasize the creation of high-quality code using defect prevention techniques such as: Pair programming, Continuous testing, TDD, A/B testing.
- Work in programming languages like: Java, Go, C, C++, Python, Node.js.
- They will be skilled in techniques to build, deploy, configure, and maintain microservices SW solution that sustains high productivity levels.
- They will work with the core principle that: “you build it, you run it”. This includes holding pager shifts where you are the primary responder to system alerts or questions from the worldwide support team, debugging and resolving software/infrastructure/networking issues, and identifying/executing upon opportunities to improve how we operate our software.
- They will be expected to analyse requirements, produce designs and construct solutions using microservices, deployed using Containers.
- They will understand and be skilled in Software component development, Container based deployments and best practice in Security, Compliance, High Availability, Resilience.
- They will understand and have worked in collaborative, agile environments, understanding all the key aspects of delivering high quality software services.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant experience
- Specifying, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting your code
- Experience with programming languages
- Fluent English
- Capability to work in a global, multicultural and diverse environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of Go, Java, Python or other scripting languages, as well as Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Orchestration and other cloud technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Knowledge in operating highly-available PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, etcd, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Cassandra, and MongoDB environments would also be useful.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package