We are looking for a passionate full-time engineer to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who would like to become a key part of a fast-moving development organization and likes digital media, artificial intelligence, and cloud technologies.
It is enough if you have 2-3 years of experience in development if those years were spent mainly to advance your knowledge in object oriented programming (e.g.: Java, C++, C#) in linux environment and you are willing to learn new technologies - Go programming language, Docker, Kubernetes and many more.
What your role will be
Our team is responsible for developing Cloud services to extract information from audio and video utilizing IBM's machine learning assets, and also own research solutions.
You would be joining a DevOps team. You will mostly work with Go based applications but you may also meet components written in C, Python among others.
The more these apply to you, the better
- You have experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation including experience in an Agile environment
- Stable knowledge about and passion for Clean Code
- Strong desire to build microservice architectures
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages is a great advantage
- Experience working in linux environmen
- Knowledge of Go, Docker, Kubernetes is a plus, but not require
- Demonstrated ability to debug complex distributed systems
- You are passionate about collaboration and believe that a great team working together is exponentially more effective than a collection of individuals
- You read/understand and also speak English
- Being an introvert or an extrovert doesn't define your communication skills because you know it is important (therefore it is great)
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package