We are looking for a passionate full-time engineer to join our ECDN team in our Budapest office.
It is enough if you have 2-3 years of experience in development if those years were spent mainly to advance your knowledge in object oriented programming and you are willing to learn new technologies - Go programming language, Docker, Kubernetes and many more.
What your role will be
The ECDN team is responsible for researching and developing our enterprise video delivery solution including cloud based microservices, easily deployable virtualized content delivery servers and a well designed web based management application. This product enables organizations to relieve bottlenecks associated with delivering security-enhanced video to single or multiple corporate connections (learn more at
The more these apply to you, the better
- You have experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation including experience in an Agile environment
- Stable knowledge about and passion for Clean Code
- Strong desire to build microservice architectures
- Possessing a DevOps mindset: you feel responsible for both development and operation
- Being familiar with revision control systems, preferably Git
- Experience working in OSX or Linux environment
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration solutions like Kubernetes
- Aware of cloud based services and solutions (eg. IBM Cloud, AWS)
- Understanding and using continuous integration systems (eg. Jenkins, Travis)
- Keep yourself up-to-date and improve yourself continuously
- Reading and writing in English
- Being social and a team player
- Being able to work independently, making decisions and discussing them with the team
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package