Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Research and development for the IBM Cloud and Cognitive Platform, with a primary emphasis on security technologies, and compliance and regulatory procedure automation
- Provide technical & architectural leadership for next generation of devops, secops and compliance automation
- Develop best practices and re-usable automation for dev/sec/ops
- Work closely with the individual IBM Cloud service owners and architects to onboard services to the IBM Cloud Platform, ensuring the services adequately meet IBM Cloud architecture standards
- Work in an continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous compliance environment, while evaluating and improving these engineering processes
- Help Engineering/Development teams to perform PoCs, evaluating different vendor products
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or similar field or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in development, building large-scale distributed multi-tenant software systems, preferably in the Public Cloud space
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Cloud and security architecture, principles, interfaces, and protocols
- Micro-services based modern software development knowledge and skills in a DevOps environment
- Strong skills in Python and/or Golang
- Strong skills in Kubernetes, Docker, and Istio
- Strong skills in automation and scripting
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with large-scale multi-tenant highly scalable distributed system software development
- Experience collaborating effectively across remote teams and time zones, and collaborating with Senior Technical Leaders
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package