Do you enjoy crafting beautiful and high performing web applications leveraging the latest front end development methodologies, tools, and techniques? Do you have an eye for design and a passion for delivering great user experiences then this may be an opportunity for you.
IBM DevOps Insights is the core of the IBM Cloud platform developer experience. It provides the developer with an open environment for creating tool chains that encompass all aspects of working with IBM Cloud platform from the first inception of a new idea, to prototyping, development, integration, deployment and operations/monitoring. As part of our DevOps services portfolio, we are developing DevOps Insights, a new cloud service that provides data for improving developer productivity, code quality and delivery cycle times by using machine learning and advanced analytics.
Challenges you will be working on
At the nexus of engineering and design you will be instrumental in bringing industry-defining software products, cloud services and web applications to users around the world. You will play an integral role in building the next generation of advanced technologies as part of the DevOps Insights product offering.Your responsibilities will include:
- As part of a product development team, understanding user needs, and exploring user-centered designs
- Specifying, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting your code
- Leveraging modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient, and reusable code
- Identifying and addressing design, development, and delivery performance bottlenecks
- Actively participating in code and design reviews
- Coaching, educating, and evangelizing front end development best practices
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's in technical discipline, Computer Science (or relevant)
- 3+ years UI / Front End Development
Advantage familiarity with the followings
- Experience with Vue.js & React
- Be adaptable to changing conditions (technology, business, client requirements)
- Open mindedness, ability to take into consideration multiple aspects in your work (like technology, business, clients, sustainability)
- Curiosity, ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily.
- Ownership mindset: own the services you create, own your decisions, learn from failures
- Able to meet deadlines, work in a multicultural environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues
- Good communication skills in English.
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package