IBM Cloud platform combines platform as a service (PaaS) with infrastructure as a service (IaaS) to provide an integrated experience. Within the Cloud Platform the Content Marketplace is created to help providers (can be internal or external customers) with the onboard for their content offerings so cloud users can discover, buy, deploy and manage their offerings. As part of this effort the Content Marketplace team develops tools for discovering services, managing catalogs, setting up pricing plans, creating usage metrics, etc.
Challenges you will be working on
We are looking for experienced backend software developers to develop a mix of new features and support existing code on a critical project with high visibility. The successful candidate will work as a Software Developer as part of the IBM Cloud Platform development team, interacting with a WW community of developers of the multiple platform components, like Cloud Console, Identity management, etc. If you are passionate about Cloud Development and the opportunity to have great tools to work with then this may be the opportunity for you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant experience
- Specifying, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting your code as we are working with a Dev-Ops mindset
- Experience with cloud micro-services
Advantage familiarity with the followings
- IBM Service Framework
- Test-driven development
- Infrastructure skills (DevOps, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Foundry)
- Experience as a full-stack developer
- Be adaptable to changing conditions (technology, business, client requirements)
- Open mindedness, ability to take into consideration multiple aspects in your work (like technology, business, clients, sustainability)
- Curiosity, ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily.
- Ownership mindset: own the services you create, own your decisions, learn from failures
- Able to meet deadlines, work in a multicultural environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues
- Good communication skills in English.
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package