As IBM Cloud has been standardizing on Kubernetes and containerized software IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service (IKS) has become the backbone of IBM Cloud. As Customers are moving more and more workload into Kubernetes environments, the platform is rapidly growing, it is the fastest growing area in IBM Cloud right now. Our team has both open source contributors to multiple projects including Kube, containerd as well as Istio, while we are open sourcing several components of our stack. The same team also has members who are planning, building and running IKS for both IBM internal teams as well as external Customers. Just to take a few, we are running the Watson AI platform, Weather.com, Maersk, Car2go, American Airlines, etc.
The opportunity is to join this team for skilled individuals who want to be part of building a platform we are proud of and Customers love to use. We have team members from all around the world, from the United States (Raleigh, NC, Austin, TX, Rochester, MN, San Francisco, CA), United Kingdom, Germany, China, India.
Challenges you will be working on
We are looking for experienced UI developers who are not afraid of learning Kubernetes to deliver platform for business critical applications for both IBM services as well as Customer deployments. The successful candidate will work as a Front End Developer as part of the IBM Cloud Kubernetes Network team. The potential impact is very high and measured on a global scale. If you want to challenge yourself, learn new things and grow this may be a good opportunity for you.
Your responsibilities will include
- As part of a product development team, understanding user needs, and exploring user centered designs
- Specifying, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting your code
- Leveraging modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient, and reusable code
- Identifying and addressing design, development, and delivery performance bottlenecks
- Actively participating in code and design reviews
- Coaching, educating, and evangelizing front end development best practices
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant experience
- 3+ years UI / Front End Development
- Knowledge of React, react router, Node, Express, redis, etc
- Be adaptable to changing conditions (technology, business, client requirements)
- Open mindedness, ability to take into consideration multiple aspects in your work (like technology, business, clients, sustainability)
- Curiosity, ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily.
- Ownership mindset: own the services you create, own your decisions, learn from failures
- Able to meet deadlines, work in a multicultural environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues
- Good communication skills in English.
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package