IBM Cloud platform combines platform as a service (PaaS) with infrastructure as a service (IaaS) to provide an integrated experience.IBM DevOps Services is the core of the IBM Cloud platform developer experience. It provides the developer with an open environment for creating tool chains that encompass all aspects of working with IBM Cloud platform from the first inception of a new idea, to prototyping, development, integration, deployment and operations/monitoring.
As part of our DevOps Services portfolio, we are developing DevOps Insights, a new cloud service that provides data for improving developer productivity, code quality and delivery cycle times by using machine learning and advanced analytics.
The Resource Management Console (RMC) is created to reduce barriers of entry for service providers in cloud environments by establishing RMC as the go to tool for services deployment in the Cloud. As part of this product the RMC team develops a toolset for simplifying services on-boarding process for 1st and 3rd party service providers.
Challenges you will be working on
We are looking for experienced back end software developers to develop a mix of new features and support existing code on a critical project with high visibility. The successful candidate will work as a Software Developer as part of either the IBM DevOps Insights or the Resource Management Console development team. If you are passionate about Cloud Development and the opportunity to have great tools to work with then this may be the opportunity for you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant experience
- Specifying, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting your code
Advantage familiarity with the followings
- IBM Service Framework
- Infrastructure skills
- Be adaptable to changing conditions (technology, business, client requirements)
- Open mindedness, ability to take into consideration multiple aspects in your work (like technology, business, clients, sustainability)
- Curiosity, ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily.
- Ownership mindset: own the services you create, own your decisions, learn from failures
- Able to meet deadlines, work in a multicultural environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues
- Good communication skills in English.
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package