We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Budapest team. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who would like to become a key part of a fast-moving company and likes digital media, and the promise of cloud and cognitive technologies.
As our future PM you will be responsible for creating and managing scope and schedules, communicating project status, coordinating and facilitating meetings, manage project documentation, and escalating appropriately to mitigate or reduce the risks. Also you will be communicating timelines and providing updates to team members on the status of each release to help to build “quality” into the processes.
Other but equally important roles
- Provide leadership and direction within the team, recommend and implement changes and improvements
- Work with cross functional teams, becoming a single point of contact for those projects
- Drive the on-time and effective delivery of high-quality, enterprise software releases
- Follow release planning and execution processes and define and manage release schedules and milestones
- Actively collaborate with the management team to support them in people management (e.g. provide input for performance evaluation), align business strategy
Who you are
- You have minimum 5 years’ project management experience in a software development environment or participated in web development projects
- You gained knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g. scrum, kanban, design, development, testing, implementation)
- You mastered organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, including ability to work with engineers and executives simultaneously
- You come with analytical mindset and skills, including the demonstrated ability to work with and manage a team to solve complex problems
- You have the ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments, based on changing business needs
- You are flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- As an advantage you might have PMP and/or ITIL certification
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package