At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloud security architects are experts at taking challenging security and compliance demands and translating them into systems, processes, requirements or enhancements to IBM platforms that allow security engineers and developers to build robust and security services for IBM customers.
The IBM Cloud is built upon agile development methodologies and DevOps practices. As such our security architects are required to be lead the way in secure DevOps best practice, developing security mechanisms and automation that provides developers with systems to quickly identify and report on potential security issues throughout the software development lifecycle.
Security architects understand strategic priorities, business and technical requirements, issues and tactical problems, to develop and articulate robust and innovative security technical solutions. They present, review and modify the solution, with the internal/external client and key stakeholders. The solutions they build align with internal security, regulatory or deal requirements. Security architects help close deals with clients by demonstrating exemplary understanding of IBM’s security controls and practices.
A Security Architect is a subject matter expert for security and regulatory compliance, fills a critical role in the overall success of the engagement pursuit and is the primary source of IBM Cloud security solution design and development around the world. They work in conjunction with the larger pursuit team (Sales, TSM, HR, C&N, Delivery, Pricing, Risk, etc), to deliver a winning solution, with offering management to help prioritize security gaps on the offering roadmap and with development on secure engineering principles and solution deployment within the infrastructure.
Guide other professionals. Adapt communications and approaches to conclude negotiations with various partners, resulting in common agreements.
Analyze complex/new situations, anticipate potential problems and future trends, assess opportunities, impacts, and risks. Develop and implement solutions.
Leads multi-functional teams, or conducts special projects, or manages department(s) (national or international). Has vision of functional or unit mission. Influences people and organizations, including executive management, when issues are complex/difficult and require considerable diplomacy. Considerable latitude in responsibilities to define and decide on tools, processes, priorities and resources following general business unit directives. Recognized as an expert in the field of information security.
Impact on Business/Scope:
Accountable for projects or programs within their sphere of influence often times driving multi- functional, country-wide or regional teams. Responsible for overall security program success and overall security posture of IBM public cloud. . Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact functional, business unit, or country costs or expenses.
Work closely with functional-area architects, engineering, and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions and controls are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements; Assess and understand our corporate current security posture and future architecture, providing recommendations for improvement and risk reduction; Develop the business, information, and technical artifacts that constitute the enterprise information security architecture and solutions; Drive strategic programs for the business unit in compliance with HIPAA, FFIEC, FISMA/FedRAMP, and PCI.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5-10 years of experience in deep technical security
- SW Development and architecture background, networking background
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Fluency English language
It is a plus if you have
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package