At IBM Budapest Lab Information Security Engineers help plan and carry out an organization’s information security strategy. They develop a set of security standards and best practices for the organization, and recommend security enhancements to management as needed. They develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach. Information Security Engineers are also responsible for educating the workforce on information security through training and building awareness.
What You will be especially responsible for
You will install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect the organizations ‘sensitive information.
Testing for Vulnerabilities
You have to conduct periodic scans of networks to find any vulnerability. They also conduct penetration testing, in which they simulate an attack on the system to highlight or find any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party.
Monitoring for Security Breaches
You will be constantly monitor the organization’s networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. Also install software that helps to notify you of intrusions, and watch out for irregular system behavior.
Investigating Security Breaches
If a breach has occurred, the you will be leading incident response activities to minimize the impact. Afterwards, you will also lead a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage. Afterwards prepare reports of your findings.
The more these apply to you, the better
- You have experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
- You are experienced in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- You have distinct knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- You’ve already done planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- You can demonstrate professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- You can easily communicate network security issues to peers and management
- At least on basic level you can read source code for various platforms, recognize typical patterns and antipatterns
- You have 3-5 years information security engineering experience
It is a plus if you have
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package