We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team in the IBM Budapest Lab.
In IBM terminology Labs are where the magic happens. These are development centers all around the world where cross-functional co-located engineering and data science teams work with UX / design studios using the IBM Design Thinking methodology. These Labs are professionally, and culturally outstanding environments designed to deliver world class products.
The story of the Budapest Lab started 2.5 years ago when IBM acquired Ustream. We are the center of innovation when it comes to any online video within IBM. Currently we are working on 3 different video product lines, but the Budapest Lab itself is continuously expanding and taking on new missions beyond video.
You have an opportunity to join our team and make an impact through these missions.
Your main focus will be our flagship video product: IBM Streaming Manager. In its current status, the product is very mature, serves as an end-to-end video platform for almost 10 years now. It provides secure live and recorded video capabilities for the largest enterprises around the globe, powering huge events with millions of concurrent live viewers.
In this role, your main responsibility will be taking secure authentication and 3rd party integrations of Streaming Manager to the next level from user-facing features to API endpoints and everything in between.
Apply at once if you match all of the following
- 3+ years of experience in product related positions or in a customer facing role (sales, customer support, project management, marketing etc.) with a pattern of increasing responsibility.
- Experience working directly with engineers on a web-based or mobile product.
- Ability to put your ego aside, to show empathy and solve real world problems. Listen for need, envision the future.
- Putting the client first but keeping focus on our company and ourselves – reinvent, create original ideas, and share expertise.
- Willing to travel to meet customers and support sales activities in max. 20% of your time.
- Experience leading teams both directly and by influence.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- BA/BS (preferably in a computer science related discipline) or equivalent work experience.
Conduct market research and user research to gain insights and inputs for the product roadmap. This includes:
- Researching potential market
- Researching competitors
- Data analysis of existing customer behavior and usage
- Interviews with customers and internal stakeholders
- Develop product plans that clearly define the scope and timeline for development phases and include the specifications the product or feature must meet.
- Establish performance goals and measurement methods for products.
- Socialize product plans within the company and with prospective customers and get buy in from key stakeholders on your plans.
- Communicate throughout the process to key stakeholders to set expectations about the functionality and timelines for your products.
Work cross functionally with other departments within the company to design, deliver, sell, market and support your products:
- UX team to ensure that all products meet IBM’s high standards of usability and customer satisfaction.
- Engineering teams to estimate, prioritize and deliver products and features that meet the specifications and work through technical challenges to deliver the functionality the business and customers demand.
- Customer support team to ensure they are informed well in advance about product changes and releases and be responsive to their feedback from customers about bugs and feature requests.
- Marketing team to plan product releases, messaging, packaging and pricing.
- Sales team to train them on the products, support their sales efforts and gather their feedback from customers and prospects.
- Finance and data team to establish reporting, cost structures and revenue plans for products.
- Executive team to deliver presentations on performance of products already built and share plans for future products.
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package