We are looking for a full-time engineer to join our Engineering Effectiveness Team. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who would like to become a key part of a fast-moving development organization and passionate about engineering effectiveness.
What your role will be
The Engineering Effectiveness Team continuously improves the efficiency and productivity of our engineering teams via developing build systems and continuous integration infrastructure. In this role you will design and develop engineering build tools and platforms which helps engineers to create and ship high-quality solutions faster.
Apply instantly if you match all of the following
- You have a passion for engineering productivity
- You understand developer workflows and have experience with all phases, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation including experience in an Agile environment
- Deep knowledge of Python
- Experience with Docker
- Being familiar with Git
- Understanding and using continuous integration systems like TeamCity, Jenkins or Travis
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Being social and a team player
- Reading and writing in English
- Good communication skills
The more these apply to you, the better
- Stable knowledge about and passion for Clean Code
- Strong desire to build microservice architectures
- Demonstrated ability to debug complex distributed systems
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud based services and solutions (eg. IBM Cloud, AWS)
- Possessing a DevOps mindset: you feel responsible for both development and operation
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package