IBM Budapest Lab is looking for passionate trainees to join one of our our Streaming Teams. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who would like to be part of an exciting business, to develop a rewarding and fulfilling IT professional career also likes digital media, video games, social media, and the promise of cloud technologies.
You will be working with a team of senior Java engineers, manual QA and product specialists to deliver product releases.
The team – who is looking for new members - is responsible for developing and maintaining a couple of server-side applications which form the core of our video streaming solutions. There you will have a chance to improve and maintain our microservice stack which solves the complex problem of serving video stream for millions of concurrent viewers. You can also contribute in other team areas and get experiences in software containerization like Kubernetes, influence the evolution of our cloud technology.
How we work
- We design, build and maintain efficient and reliable codes, cover it with tests and documentations
- We care about quality (reviews, tests, agreed high standards)
- We look for opportunities for knowledge sharing and teamwork (mob/pair programing, mentoring)
- We care about customer issues
- We are responsible for our services we built (devops)
- We have allocated resources to improve existing codebase
What your role will be
- You will develop the live video streaming platform with the help of the team and you will work closely with our Back-end and Streaming Service Developers.
- You will extend our Back-end/Integration test coverage by automating test cases
- You will work cooperatively in a team environment, openly sharing ideas and accepting improvement feedback while communicating effectively with internal and external team members.
What you will be learning in return
- You can be part of the IBM video streaming development and work with some of the newest technologies, rapidly expand your technical knowledge base; also learn other technologies like Kubernetes, Spring, Kafka, Chef and programming languages like Java or Kotlin.
- You will gain insight of how to build micro services and scalable architectures that serves millions of users every day
The more these apply to you, the better
- You know Java programming
- You have experience in Object Oriented Programming
- You have basic knowledge of Linux
- Ongoing studies in the field of software development
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to integrate successfully into a team and work independently
- Confident and strong communication skills even in English, both written and verbal
- You can work at least 20 hours per week
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package