We are looking for a full-time engineer to join our streaming core developer team. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who would like to become a key part of a tech passionate development organization and likes video streaming and cloud technologies.It is enough if you have 3-4 years of experience in test automation.
What your role will be
The team –who is looking for a new member -is responsible for developing and maintaining a couple of server-side applications which form the core of our videostreaming solution. There you will have a chance to build new and improve existing test automation environments with other Quality Assurance team members on video ingest, transcoding and delivery areas. Later you will have the chance to join other teams to drive test automation area on Lab level.
How we work
- We design, build and maintain efficient and reliable codes, cover it with tests and documentations
- We care about quality (reviews, tests)
- We look for opportunities for knowledge sharing and teamwork (mob programing, mentoring)
- We care about customer issues
- We are responsible for our services we built (devops)
- We have allocated resources to improve existing codebase
- We have time to learn new skills and do experimental researches
The more these apply to you, the better
- 3+ years quality assurance and testing experience, with an emphasis on automation
- Strong experience in testing web based software solutions (both front end and back end services)
- Willingness to rapidly learn new technologies
- Willingness to share knowledge, mentoring others
- Experience working in linux environment
- You are passionate about collaboration and believe that a great team working together is exponentially more effective than a collection of individuals
- You read/understand and alsospeak English
- Being an introvert or an extrovert doesn't define your communication skills because you know it is important (therefore it is great)
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The top reason is to participate in unique, innovative, exciting and challenging projects. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package