We are looking for a user interface designer to extend our design team in Budapest. In this position, you’ll mainly work with UX designers, front-end developers, and product teams to ensure that the visual design of our products enhances the overall user experience and is consistent across the brand.
As a UI designer you’ll work on our two core products: IBM Cloud Video and Watson Media, right at the intersection of AI and video. Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs for our web and mobile applications
- Building interactive prototypes to validate design ideas
- Designing landing page layouts
- Maintaining, developing and adapting our UI design and branding guidelines
- Collaborating with UX, product and front-end developer teams to ensure visual and interaction consistency across our products
We are looking for someone who has
- 4+ years of experience as UI, web, or product designer
- Ability to design responsively & for mobile optimisation
- Experience applying branding concepts and methodologies
- A strong portfolio with the best examples of their work
- Proficiency in Sketch, InVision, and Adobe CC
- Excellent communication skills in English (seriously – you’ll be working in an English speaking environment)
- A relentless attention to detail
We' re not looking for a unicorn
However, we do embrace T-shaped design skills. If you meet at least one of the following criteria, that’s great. If you meet multiple ones, we’d love to meet you!
- You can create an HTML prototype from your own mockups
- You understand UX practices and user research methodologies
- You have solid animation and/or illustration skills
- You know Design Thinking and enjoy attending and facilitating workshops
- You have experience with design systems
Why join IBM Budapest Lab?
The most important is that you’ll work on unique and innovative AI driven products. Projects are exciting and challenging and you’ll work with some best-in-class practitioners in our Lab. We do have other reasons for you, though:
- You’ll be part of IBM’s design organization, with 1,600 fellow designers across the globe
- Local work with a global impact: see your products in use by world-class organizations
- Co-located engineering, design and data science teams: you can get inspiration face-to-face
- High level of freedom and a blameless culture: you can innovate and learn fast
- Flexible working hours: make the best use of your time to learn and work effectively
- Award-winning historical office building in the heart of Budapest: start your day with a good coffee on the panorama terrace after locking up your bike in the guarded storage room and taking a refreshing shower. Grab a snack from the Turo Rudi machine on your way to the floor to ceiling mobile whiteboard walls where you check the ideas from your team’s last Design Thinking workshop.
- Continuous professional challenges and a chance to improve in a dynamically developing organization
- Opportunity to attend world class conferences: you can update your professional world view at Impact, Craft, Crunch, Amuse, Stretch and many more
- Competitive salary and cafeteria package