The Perseverance rover successfully collected its first Martian core samples that NASA and ESA (the European Space Agency) plan to return to Earth for further study. Now, join NASA experts as they discuss what they’ve learned from the rover’s instruments about the rock that was sampled and what these historic samples mean for the U.S.-European Mars Sample Return campaign in development.
The speakers for this event include:
• Lori Glaze, director of NASA’s Planetary Science Division
• Jessica Samuels, Perseverance surface mission manager, NASA JPL
• Matt Robinson, Perseverance strategic sampling operations team chief, NASA JPL
• Katie Stack Morgan, Perseverance deputy project scientist, NASA JPL
• Yulia Goreva, Perseverance return sample investigation scientist, NASA JPL
• Meenakshi Wadhwa, Mars sample return principal scientist, NASA JPL and Arizona State University